Friday, March 9, 2012

Radiohead & My Madness

Pinned Image
Yesterday morning I spent an hour and a half fighting with a bogged down Internet site,
 until finally scoring presale tickets to Radiohead's June 16th concert in Toronto. 
A few days after my Tickets to Florence post, I had gotten word that Radiohead would be in Toronto, and knew that after about 15 years waiting...I really needed to see this band.
Pinned Image
Instead of taking my chances with Ticket Master and the general public ticket release (occurring today at noon)  I went directly to Radiohead's online store, W.A.S.T.E. uk
They had a presale release on tickets, that was slated for Thurs. March 8th, 10am...but actually happened closer to 10:25am.  This had to be the most frustrating experience ever.  The site was so backed up that it took me 20 minutes just to get the page to load.  When I eventually did get through, I selected my tickets entered my email, and promptly lost connection.  I was sure those tickets were gone.  
Pinned Image
Luckily, I had been also keeping tabs on a fan site forum, and people there were very helpful.  Many were saying that if you managed to get to the 'enter info' stage of the process, your tickets were likely saved in a purchase basket, and to keep hitting refresh on your computer. 
I was doubtful, because after an hour I kept getting 'sold out' when attempting to purchase.  I was a moment away from giving up, when out of the blue, they were there! 
I held my breath while entering all my info as carefully as possible, hit sumit...and low and behold, I received my ticket confirmation email.   I don't think I have ever worked so hard at getting concert tickets.    This was just bananas. 
Pinned Image
The most ridiculous part is that this is a general admission concert, so it's not like getting tickets on presale was going to give me any particular advantage.  Chances are, I would have gotten tickets regardless considering that the capicity of Downsview Park, where the concert is taking place, is somewhere around 25-30k...from what I've been told.  It came down to not wanting to take a risk going up against the general public.  Radiohead has apparently been selling out within an hour and a half, each venue of their 2012 tour. 
Pinned Image
I'm just so excited to have the opportunity to go see them!  With Radiohead in June, and Florence & the Machine in August...this summer is gearing up to be pretty monumental:) 

All pictures are courtesy of Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...