Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lost & Found

It's been a long time.  Over the past month, I have barely spent any time on Blogger.  I spent all my spare time searching for our missing cat, Kaysar, and didn't really feel any inspiration to blog.  I can happily say that Kaysar returned home on April 18th, just in time to save my birthday!  (I turn 31 in 2 days)  I couldn't be more thrilled.  Life can finally get back to normal.  No more posturing, online ads, calling shelters and bugging neighbours to search yards. 
It was a rough month.  Since my last post on Kaysar we had a couple of incidents that were highly stressful.  The first of which happened just 2 weeks after Kaysar went missing.  My husband had gotten a call that a cat matching Kays' description was hit and the intersection near our house.  I think my husband had himself convinced that the cat was ours before he even saw it, cause he ended up bringing the body home for us to bury.  My devastation over the death of my cat quickly turned to confusion when I went to say goodbye and realized that there were some significant differences in looks.  At first my husband didn't believe me, and thought my grief to be making me wish for something that just wasn't true.  However, I was right...this cat was definitely not Kaysar.  In fact, this cat was not even a male! 
The second incident happened just 3 days following.  A neighbour called to tell me that she thought our cat was under their backyard shed.  I was so discouraged by the false sightings, and pranks that I really did not think it was him.  When I went to check it out, I was shocked to find Kaysar huddled in a little ball underneath.  He was dehydrated, meowing pretty weakly.  I should have taken time to coax him out, but I was in a state of adrenaline panic and I allowed the neighbour to assist me in trying to get him out.  Big mistake.  Kaysar got away from us, ran so fast there wasn't time to react.  He was gone in an instant.  It took only a moment and he was gone for almost another 2 weeks without a sighting.
.The night Kaysar finally came home it was completely unexpected.  It was around 10:30pm and I was grabbing a late dinner from the kitchen.  I had the strangest feeling in my stomach and chest so I abandoned dinner to go stand on the front porch.  I was just standing there wondering where he was, and when I turned to go back inside I saw a cat on our next door neighbours driveway, half hidden under a car.  I knelt down to get a better look, sure it had to be one of the neighbourhood's outdoor cats, when I noticed the distinct swirling stripes on the cat's side.  I grabbed the dish of food from the porch and shook it while calling his name.  The cat started meowing.  I turned to grab a can of wet food, and when I looked back the cat was gone.  I think I would have went mad if I lost him a 2nd time in 2 weeks, but luckily I could still faintly hear him crying.  I followed the sound to a nearby tree and baby talked until I got him to come out.  He came right into my arms. 
He's doing great back at home.  He has lost some weight but considering how large he was before, it's almost as though he's a regular sized cat now.  He's a real suck, wanting constant attention...that I am more than happy to oblige.  I am so grateful to have him back with his family.  I appreciate everyone who offered their support, thoughts, shared stories, prayers and spells of protection.  Thank you!


  1. So happy your kitty finally made it home. You never stopped sending energy out searching for him, it just took him awhile to keen in on it. Bright Blessings to you and Kaysar!!

  2. This is such beautiful news sweetie and happy belated birthday!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...