Thursday, May 24, 2012

ThE gArDeN

This is our first Spring/Summer in our house and while my husband has taken on the feat of nourishing our lawn into luscious greenness, the front and back gardens have become my birth child.  After about 24 hours worth of grueling work, I have finally completed the overhaul of the backyard garden.
This has been my first experience with my own garden, so it's trial and error to see what we will like
and continue with next year.  Luckily, I have a wonderful mother-in-law, who has taken the time to help me out and bring me some Lilies from her own garden and Hostas. 
We chose to also add Impatiens, Snapdragons, and Begonias to the pre-exsisting Rose Bushes and Bishop's Weed.
I don't know the name of the trees that were previously planted into each corner, but they flame a lovely red colour for a few weeks in the fall.
We added a bird bath...
and a fountain.
My husband chose the Begonias and the Snapdragons.
Overall, I'm happy with how things have begun, and am excited to see how things will bloom.
I am not looking forward to the upkeep of weeding.
And now on to the front yard!

2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely beautiful. In another month it will be blooming everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Honey, your garden is amazing. I can't wait to see it when it expands to full maturity. It will be breathtaking. And yes, you do have an amazing mother in law. ;-) Hugs, Mina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...